Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Colors

I'm sitting in New Hampshire today, gazing out the window at a blazing orange and red maple tree in my sister's backyard. I can't take my eyes off it. Folks from the West coast buy plane tickets and rent cars to drive through these parts and look at the foliage. Spectacular.
On Prince Edward Island this week, Fall colors meant incredible violet and orange sunsets over the Gulf of St. Lawrence and scarlet lobsters hot on our supper plates. 

Truth be told, even though a continent stretches between me and home, other Fall colors are rioting in me. Orange and Black, baby. No, not Halloween--I can take or leave that. I'm talking Giants baseball. Say it, fans. Out loud. Giants baseball. It's been seven years since we could utter those words in October with a smile. A game at AT&T park isn't just about the garlic fries anymore. Our boys are playing ball. That's why Friday night found me in North Rustico, PEI hunched over my laptop, trying to get live stream coverage of SF and SD duking it out. The game didn't even start until 11:15 Atlantic time. I won't confess how late I stayed up. Everywhere we went that had Wi-Fi, I checked mlb.com before I checked my email. Madness, right? Can't help it. I was born and raised near the city by the Bay and on those rare years when Fall colors mean orange and black, I don't want to miss a thing.




,

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee! My brother in law works for the Giants, so their family is all a-flutter, too. Your husband's expression in that picture makes me snerkle a little on the inside (and you know I mean that in a kindly way). What awesome travels you guys have had lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO GIANTS~~!

    Buster Posey has been amazing! So fun to watch :)

    So happy to hear there is another Baseball Fan as avid as myself out there!!

    What a trip you are having.... gives "Eat, Pray, Love" a whole new meaning! Julia Roberts has nothing on you!!

    Have fun. S.G.

    ReplyDelete